Reds are the only thing that have been completed so far.
The recipe for that is as follows;
- Basecoat Mephiston Red
- Highlight by adding increasing amounts of Troll Slayer Orange to the basecoat colour (up til pure orange for final highlights)
- Tidy up highlights with glaze of Mephiston Red.
- Shade by adding increasing amounts of Rhinox Hide to the basecoat colour (up til nearly pure brown for deepest shades).
- Edge highlights with pure Troll Slayer Orange.
- Sponge on Rhinox Hide (particularly on hard edges and damaged parts of armour).
- Glaze all red sections with an even mix of Lamenters Yellow (GW Technical) and Tamiya Clear Orange).
Fairly simple in my books. Putting on the final glaze is incredibly satisfying to me, shame it doesn’t dry with the same glossiness it starts off with.
I received some MkIII “Iron” Armour in the post today, and swiftly added a few components from the kit to a model I build one night;
For this second squad, I’m thinking Iron Warrior outcasts with a dirty iron and red colour scheme, with red and black chevrons. I have some background inklings in my head which I need to write up first. Does the Shattered sound like a good minor warband name?
Now to start building the rest of these gorgeous MkIII plastics!