Whew, I managed to finish Clanrats #11 – 20 with a couple days spare for my self-imposed end of September deadline. That rounds off the completion of the first box of Clanrats I bought two months ago. Go me!
Should of got a shot of the other side of the banner, that has freehand work too…
All 20 painted Clanrats painted so far!
Painting these little blighted has been fun but a lot of work. In the future I’ll stick to doing them in batches of 5, I don’t want them to ever feel like a painting chore!
October’s offering will be a bit easier for me; a Skaven Warlord and after that I can relax and do more prep work for the Brood Horror, Plague Monks, more Clanrats….
I had been quite lax on the painting front this month, I was more often than not fiddling around and fixing up things like the Brood Horror and a couple other things from storage I might work on more in the future.
I decided to have some serious painting time into getting Clanrats #11 – 20 done for the end of this month. Put it this way, I watched the entire 5th season of Walking Dead amongst other things in the time I was painting these rats over the last few days.
Not much left to do on these; rusty metals, details like the other side of the banner and basing.
Whew, I think when these are done as a break for October, I’ll concentrate on one model like the Skaven Warlord – I’ve got some ideas for him now!
Huzzah, the next batch of Clanrats have been completed!
Now that’s Clanrats number 6 to 10 done! Here is how they look altogether at the moment:
Clan Septik is beginning to grow! Next up on the painting desk is the Warpfire Thrower from my last post.
Spurned on after discussing the project in my last post, I’ve made enough headway on the first batch of Clanrats to justify some snappies of them, to show off what I’ve done so far and the visual direction I’m heading in.
EDIT ~ I went ahead and finished the first batch, so have updated the photos.
Literally all I need to do for these are the shields, which I’ll probably do for the whole unit in one go to save time.
Lots of fun to be had with some of the Citadel Technical paints; Blood for the Blood God for those beady ratmen eyes as well as diluted Nurgle’s Rot for diseased skin discolouration and pimples. Lamenter’s Yellow glaze was also used extensively for the main green and beige clothing to excentuate that really sickly, grubby look.
Finishing this post off with a humourous comparison between a mewling Clanrat and the main body of the Cockatrice I’m adding to the project as well. It’ll be quite the beast to paint after I get all this Skaven done!